We hope you enjoy completing the ‘Pirate’ themed tasks this week. It would be great to see how you are getting on by commenting/adding pictures of your work to ourschoolSeesaw app!The activities can mostly be completed in your exercise book or on paper.
Keep up the brilliant work, we are very proud of you all!
Miss McAulay, Miss Eagle and Miss Hoyle.
Word of the Week!
We know how much you love to discover and use new words, so we have decided to carry on with our ‘Word of the Week’ online. Even though we aren’t using our dojo rewards at the minute, still try to find out the meaning of the words and use them in any writing you do, and when you are talking if you can. Perhaps you could upload an example to your class blog on See-Saw – we would love to see it!
Take care – we are missing you all very much!
From Mrs Jones and the SMA Team 🙂
Below are some useful websites that cover different areas of the curriculum as well as some areas to keep working on:
https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk – Bug Club (use own log in details)
You Tube – Percy Parker 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables/Numberjacks 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables.
Classroom Secrets – home pack
- Read at home as much as possible.
- Read and write Common Exception Words/Put into sentences.
- Learn 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables/divide by 2, 3, 5 and 10.
- Add and subtract with numbers to 100, e.g. + and – with multiples of tens (40 + 30), tens and ones with a multiple of ten (33 + 20), a one-digit number to a two-digit number (12 + 5), two two-digit numbers (35 + 21) and three single digit numbers (6 + 3 + 2).
- Find fractions of objects and numbers (1/2, ¼, 2/4, ¾, 1/3, 2/3).
- Capital letters, full stops and leaving spaces between words.
- Using when, because, if, and, or, but, when and so to join sentences.
- Adding description by using expanded noun phrases.
- Using question exclamation marks, commas in a list and the correct use of present and past tense.
Welcome to 2M, we hope you enjoy viewing our page!
Some useful information:
Reading and Homework
In Year Two reading books are changed on a Monday and a Friday. We encourage reading to take place at home as often as possible. Spellings are given out each Monday and should be returned by Friday, where children will have a spelling test. Each half term, children will receive a topic overview which consists of a range of activities, covering different subjects and a Maths booklet. These should be returned by the end of each half term.
PE kits are brought into school at the beginning of each half term and will be returned home at the end of the half term.
Our class worship takes place on a Tuesday and a Wednesday. Our sessions consist of Bible stories, heart prayer, meditation, Picture News and calendar celebrations.
Children enjoy visiting our Prayer Space. This is an area where children can reflect, express their feelings, write their own prayers and feel calm.
Role Play Area
We are currently reading The Smartest Giant in Town written by Julia Donaldson. Our Role Play area is the shop from the story. Children are enjoying using their Oracy skills to retell the story and solve problems associated with the main character, George.
Maths – Silly Shapes
In Maths, we have been hunting around the school for some silly shapes. After receiving a letter explaining how they had caused mischief in our school, we were very eager to find them! On our shape walk we spotted lots of 2D and 3D shapes, some were in disguise. We couldn’t believe it when we found out that some mischievous shapes were even hiding in Year Five!