Below are some useful websites that cover different areas of the curriculum as well as some areas to keep working on:
https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk – Bug Club (use own log in details)
You Tube – Percy Parker 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables/Numberjacks 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables.
Classroom Secrets – home pack
- Read at home as much as possible.
- Read and write Common Exception Words/Put into sentences.
- Learn 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables/divide by 2, 3, 5 and 10.
- Add and subtract with numbers to 100, e.g. + and – with multiples of tens (40 + 30), tens and ones with a multiple of ten (33 + 20), a one-digit number to a two-digit number (12 + 5), two two-digit numbers (35 + 21) and three single digit numbers (6 + 3 + 2).
- Find fractions of objects and numbers (1/2, ¼, 2/4, ¾, 1/3, 2/3).
- Capital letters, full stops and leaving spaces between words.
- Using when, because, if, and, or, but, when and so to join sentences.
- Adding description by using expanded noun phrases.
- Using question exclamation marks, commas in a list and the correct use of present and past tense.
Welcome to 2E – Here’s a bit about us
Reading and Homework
In Year Two, reading books are changed on a Monday and a Friday. We encourage reading to take place at home as often as possible. Spellings are given out each Monday and should be returned by Friday, where children will have a spelling test. Each half term, children will receive a topic overview which consists of a range of activities, covering different subjects and a Maths booklet. These should be returned by the end of each half term.
PE kits are brought into school at the beginning of each half term and will be returned home at the end of the half term.
Our class worship takes place on a Tuesday and a Wednesday. Our sessions consist of Bible stories, heart prayer, meditation, Picture News and calendar celebrations.
Take a look around our room…
Children enjoy visiting our Prayer Space. This is an area where children can reflect, express their feelings, write their own prayers and feel calm.
Maths and Reading Area
Our Maths area is where we practise our number of the week and our reading area is where we enjoy reading our books and challenge ourselves with adjective and noun hunts.