During your child’s reception year in school they would have been offered via the school health service a screening of height/weight/hearing/vision, however due to Covid and national direction screenings were paused.
We have worked in partnership with education and we will be planning to visit your child’s school in Jan 2021 to offer their screening, you will receive communication nearer the time from your child’s school. However if you have any concerns regarding your child height/weight/hearing/vision in the mean time you can contact your school nurse via the school nurse referral form accessible from your school.
We have provided some signs/symptoms that will help you identify if your child does require a referral rather than wait for the screening programme.
- Concerns of squint. Eyes look crossed, turn out, or don’t focus together
- Family history of wearing glasses in childhood
- Drooping eyelid
- Holding things close to see them.
- Getting close to the tv.
- Complaining of reduced vision.
- Complaining of frontal headaches.
- Complaining of double vision
- Closing one eye.
- Screwing both eyes up.
- Short attention span with sustained close work.
- Not recognising people in the distance.
- Rubbing eyes, one or both.
- Frequent trips and falls.
- White or cloudy pupil
- Does not respond when called
- Constantly asks for speech to be repeated
- Watches faces/lips intently
- Doesn’t always follow instructions straightaway
- Often misunderstands or ignores instructions
- Makes little or no contribution to group discussions
- Watches what others are doing before doing it themselves
- Complains about not being able to hear
- Tires easily
- Appears inattentions or as though day dreaming
- Plays alone and doesn’t engage with group social activities
- Becomes easily frustrated
We would also like to sign post you towards the NDCS website, which has a wealth of useful information.
4th March – World Book DayRead More
Free COVID tests for front line workers/those unable to work from home
The Rapid Response Testing Vehicle (RRTV) will be at Lifestyles Everton Park for 3 days, offering free Lateral Flow Tests for those who are symptom free in the Everton Ward and surrounding areas. The RRTV will be on site at Lifestyles Everton Park, fro…
Message to Parent/Carers from Acting Mayor of Liverpool Wendy Simon and Councillor Barbara Murray
Dear Parents and Carers, We are one month into this third lockdown and we want to acknowledge all that you are doing for your children. Throughout this time exceptional demands have been placed upon your shoulders. We have been identifying different gr…
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.