IXL is a free online learning resource for children. It allows them to practise their English and Maths skills, matching them to national curriculum objectives. Click the link to gain access.
In response to the continuing school closure, every class now has a new email account. This will allow you and your child’s class teacher to stay in touch should you have any questions, issues or successes that you or your child would like to share and discuss.
To contact Mr Feeley please email 3F@st-margaretsanfield.liverpool.sch.uk. Any communication should normally receive a response within 24 hours.
- Spellings are given out weekly to be tested on Friday.
- Reading should be done as often as possible with an adult or a capable older sibling. Children can change their own books when necessary, but please read each book more than once to aid comprehension and retention skills.
- Children have all been given accounts and log-in details for TT Rockstars. They are given 3 minute tests daily to help them gain confidence and fluency with their times tables knowledge. Please encourage your child to access this site regularly to assist them with this.
- Twice a week, normally on a Tuesday and Thursday. This can include Heart Prayer, Meditation, Gospel Stories, discussing Picture News and/or world events.
P.E and Swimming Kits
- School P.E kits should be brought in on the first day of each half-term and returned home during the final week. In the temporary event that a school kit can’t be provided, please supply your child with alternative gym/sportswear to change into whilst another kit is obtained.
- When we attend swimming lessons, please provide your child with an appropriate swimming kit. This should include:
- Swimming hat. This is required, regardless of hair length or gender.
- Swimming costume.
- Children may wish to bring an additional smaller towel to stand on whilst they are getting dried.
- Goggles are recommended but optional.
- Please allow your child to practice getting changed so that they can gain confidence and independence. Especially after swimming lessons, children need to be changed promptly due to travel schedules. Skills that need to be mastered include:
- Tying shoelaces – In the event that your child cannot do this independently please provide them with pumps to return back to school in.
- Fastening shirt buttons – Consider providing your child with a school polo shirt if this is a problem for them.
- Tying their tie – Elasticated ties provide a temporary solution to this.